Carbon Offset Projects
Your Carbon Offset purchase helps fund projects that avoid or reduce greenhouse gas emissions in the atmosphere. This map depicts past, and current projects supported.
- Landfill Gas Capture/Combustion
- Livestock Gas Capture/Combustion
- Ozone Depleting Substances - Article 5 Imports
Landfill Gas Capture/Combustion
Capturing methane that is generated from waste at landfills. The methane component of landfill gas is converted to carbon dioxide, resulting in a reduction in greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions which is better for our environment.
- Gaston County, Dallas, NC
- Ball Ground, Forsyth County, GA
- Tyler, TX, Smith County, TX
- Boyd County, Ashland, KY
- Conestoga, PA
Livestock Gas Capture/Combustion
Capturing methane emitted from livestock manure to avoid it being released into the atmosphere, then using it to generate electricity or other renewable energy sources.
- Morris, MN
Ozone Depleting Substances – Article 5 Imports
Reducing harmful chemicals or substances that destroy the earth's protective ozone layer.
- El Dorado, Union County, AR